Daal mein kuch kaala hain! Hona hi tha… because…
1) The movie has just too many characters – some eleven… and counting.
2) The characters have names you don’t want to hear – Daaboo, Kamalfeku, Chilambhai, Gopalyeda,…
3) Debutante Veena Malik is heard screaming, screaming and screaming all through out the movie.
4) The actors are all look-alikes of Amitabh Bachchan, Anil Kapoor, Salman…
5) The jokes, thankfully not double meaning this time, stem from the Amar-Singh-Big B dosti.
6) The songs begin and end with Mumbai’s vada pav fixation.
7) The movie begins with a disclaimer that goes all out to dedicate the same to Dev saab.
Speechless, are we!
The only thing that is bang on here is the title track – which appears after every few seconds. It says: Sab (money matters) gadbad ghotala hai. And we cannot but agree. After all, money can’t buy everything… at least not ideas.
A suitcase full of cash is the shortcut to success for this wannabe actor. So much so, she is ready to say ‘yes’ to a crazy, not-her-type movie maker.