The Kaliadeh Palace is one of the most famous historical landmarks of the temple town of Ujjain. The palace was built by the Sultan of Mandu long back in the year 1458 A.D. The palace is situated on an island in the heart of the River Shipra.
At the time of the pindaris, the palace had been completely demolished and was restored back by Shri Madhav Rao Scindia in the year 1920. The palace has a great architectural value, and the central hall of the palace represents one of the finest examples of the Persian architecture.
The palace bears the legacy of holding two Persian inscriptions on the visit of Akbar and Jahangir. The palace is one of the most visited sites according to the Ministry of Tourism, Madhya Pradesh. One finds it beautiful as the river Shipra flows from both sides of the palace making the entire landscape more glorious.
OTHER ATTRACTIONS AT KALIDEH PALACE
- 52 Kund(Pond)
- Surya Temple
- Kshipra River